Working at the College
The employment goal of the College is to recruit, retain, and promote those people best qualified to fulfill the mission of the College and give students an outstanding education.
St. Mark’s College offers graduate programs Catholic Educational Leadership, Pastoral Studies, Religious Education and Theological Studies, as well as an undergraduate program in Theology and Culture that focuses on Theology, English, and History. It also provides campus ministry and chaplaincy services to Catholic students, staff and faculty on the UBC campus.
St. Mark’s College and Providence Health Care are pleased to collaborate in inviting a scholar to spend a shared academic year at our institutions, focusing on different aspects of Social Justice and Compassion in Catholic social teaching.
This position is key to the deepening of St. Mark’s College’s ability to promote the study and understanding of Catholic ethics and Catholic health care ethics, and to the development of Catholic Clinical Ethics at Providence Health Care. This work is supported and endorsed by the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Vancouver within a commitment of strengthening academic knowledge, formation and service of Catholic Health Care Ethics.
The scholar will teach two courses at St. Mark’s College and will have the opportunity to do research. At Providence Health Care, the scholar will also engage and collaborate with the Clinical Ethics team and with Providence staff, leadership, physicians and researchers. The scholar will provide public lectures over the course of the year, available to both organizations.
insert_drive_fileView Job Posting
The Coordinator, Finance will report to the Manager, Finance and Operations. Primary working relationship include Registrar’s Office, President and Principal’s Office, and the Human Resources Office.
The responsibilities of the Coordinator, Finance include:
• Calculate, prepare and issue documents related to accounts such as bills, invoices, account statements and other financial statements
• Enter, verify and reconcile transactions such as accounts payable and receivable, cheques, invoices, cheque requisitions, credit card and bank statements
• Respond to inquiries, maintain good relations with multiple stakeholders and solve problems
• Prepare and post month end journal entries and prepare month end working papers
• Assist with preparation of the monthly and annual financial statements and reports
• Other related accounting duties as assigned from time to timeView job posting
We encourage prospective employees to submit a cover letter and CV describing the type of work they are seeking to [email protected]
. Please use the following file nomenclature when submitting your electronic documents:
- Cover Letter: LastnameFirstnameCoverYYYYMMDD - ex: SmithJoeCover20130112
- CV: LastnameFirstnameCvYYYYMMDD - ex: SmithJoeCv20130112
Hiring is in accordance with Ex Corde Ecclesiae