Formation for Lay Ministry Scholarship
The Formation for Lay Ministry Scholarship supports the ongoing formation of people serving in a variety of parish and non-parish ministries within the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Vancouver (RCAV). Examples of ministry involvement could include RCIA, PREP, Youth Ministry, marriage preparation, catechesis, faith sharing, prison ministry, social justice ministry, etc.
This scholarship has been made possible through a partnership between St. Mark's College and the Archdiocese of Vancouver, thanks to a generous donation from the RCAV.
This scholarship covers the full tuition fees for up to three foundational graduate level courses:
- THEO 501: Foundations of Theology
- SCRI 505: Introduction to Scripture
- THEO 525: Theology of Ministry OR THEO 530: Christian Morality.
These courses may lead towards any of the College’s graduate programs.
This scholarship does not cover the cost of other fees.
Recipients must meet the admission requirements
of St Mark’s College. Recipients of the Archbishop's Scholarship for Leadership in Catholic Education are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
The scholarship covers the tuition for three (3) foundational graduate level courses amounting up to $3,300 within two (2) years upon receipt of the scholarship.
Interested applicants must submit the following:
1. An essay of about 500-600 words describing your current ministry and why you think you qualify for this scholarship; how your faith is expressed in ministry; and why you are seeking further formation for ministry.
2. A reference letter from an individual can attest to your involvement in Ministry. Your reference may be your pastor or the coordinator of your ministry or ecclesial community. This referee must submit a confidential reference letter (as a pdf attachment) to the College via email at [email protected]
The deadline for applications is July 31.