Obtain your affiliate UBC Student Card by following these steps:
- Student goes to the UBC Card Office located in the UBC Bookstore. Bring identification.
- Receive your affiliate UBC Student Card.
Obtain your Compass Card
- Swipe your affiliate UBC Student Card in the Compass Card dispensers located in the UBC Bookstore and Student Union Building.
Create an affiliated CWL (Campus Wide Login)
Note: All students must create a CWL
Note for transferees: Students who already have a Compass Card must first unlink their U-Pass from the Compass Card from the previous institution in order to link their U-Pass through their affiliate UBC Student Card.
- Open the CWL Website: www.cwl.ubc.ca
- Click on the heading “Getting Started”
- Click on CREATE A CWL ACCOUNT
- Click to PROCEED
- Read the terms and Conditions then click on “I AGREE”
- Click on AFFILIATE then continue
- Enter Your Information and Select a CWL Login Name and Password
- Your default affiliate password is your birthdate in YYMMDD format
- Find your affiliate UBC Student Number on your affiliate UBC Student Card
- Log in to UBC and verify your new credentials using your new CWL login and password.
How to link your U-Pass to your Compass Card
THE FIRST TIME YOU GO ONLINE TO REQUEST YOUR MONTHLY U-Pass BC Benefit you will need to link it to a Compass Card by doing the following:
- Visit www.upassbc.translink.ca
- Select UBC as your Post-Secondary Institution
- Enter your affiliate CWL login and password when redirected to UBC
- Request your U-Pass BC benefit for September (and subsequently for each month)*Allow up to 24 hours for activation
How to load your U-Pass
- Sign into www.upassbc.translink.ca
- Link your Compass card: enter the 20 digit number & the 3 digit CVN on the back of the Compass Card.
- Request your U-PASS BC: once your card is linked, you can request your U-PASS BC.The system will confirm your eligibility and then LOAD your pass.
- Always make sure to request your next month’s benefit in advance
- It can take up to 24 hours to activate your U-Pass BC onto your Compass Card
- You will NOT be eligible to ride transit until this request is processed
- Your U-PASS BC is NON TRANSFERABLE
- You must always carry ID with you when travelling
Questions? Please contact email@example.com