Who Will Benefit?
Religion teachers, campus ministers, department heads, administrators, and adults seeking continuing education in their Catholic faith.
For CISVA Educators, this Certificate is equivalent to the Foundations of the Catholic Faith course (Parts One and Two), without the retreat component.
- April 25th, 9am-4pm - Fundamentals of Theology
- May 23rd, 9am-4pm - Scripture
- May 30th, 9am-4pm - Catholic Morality
Take advantage of Saint Mark’s hybrid model of on-site and online classes. Combined with required readings, the certificate program should take approximately 36 hours to complete.
In-Class: Benefit from more than 20 hrs of face-to-face interaction with our professors.
Online: Access discussions and forums monitored by your professors. These online sections will help integrate the readings and reflect on classroom discussion. Students will receive an e-mail before the start of the course introducing them to the online portion.
Textbooks: Textbooks cost extra, but are reasonably priced. You can purchase textbooks from the College directly, or secure your own. There will be three texts for the course:
- Monika Hellwig, Understanding Catholicism (Paulist Press, 2002)
- Margaret Nutting Ralph, Scripture: Nourished by the Word
(Loyola Press Catholic Basics a Pastoral Ministry Series: Chicago, 2001)
- The third is TBD – stay tuned.