UBC Student Card and Compass Card
St. Mark's offers numerous services to our students. As an affiliate theological college of UBC, we are also able to offer access to many UBC services and amenities.
Obtain your affiliate UBC Student Card
Student goes to the UBC Card Office located in the UBC Bookstore. Bring identification.
Receive your affiliate UBC Student Card.
Obtain your Compass Card
Obtain a Compass Cards from Compass Vending Machines (CVMs) located at SkyTrain, SeaBus, and West Coast Express stations. When you get a Compass Card, you'll pay a $6 refundable deposit for your card. You can get your $6 deposit back by
returning your card to the Compass Customer Service Centre at Stadium-Chinatown Station or the West Coast Express Office at Waterfront Station.
Note: You cannot load your monthly U-Pass, even if you are eligible when you have a negative balance on your Compass Card. Make sure you have a balance of at least $0.01 on your Compass Card to be able to request your U-Pass each month.
Create an affiliated CWL (Campus Wide Login)
All students must create a CWLNote for transferees: Students who already have a Compass Card must first unlink their U-Pass from the Compass Card from the previous institution in order to link their U-Pass through their affiliate UBC Student Card.
- Open the CWL Website
- Click on the heading “Getting Started”
- Click on CREATE A CWL ACCOUNT
- Click to PROCEED
- Read the terms and Conditions then click on “I AGREE”
- Click on AFFILIATE then continue
- Enter Your Information and Select a CWL Login Name and Password
- Your default affiliate password is your birthdate in YYMMDD format
- Find your affiliate UBC Student Number on your affiliate UBC Student Card
- Log in to UBC and verify your new credentials using your new CWL login and password.
How to link your U-Pass to your Compass Card
The first time you go online to request your monthly U-Pass BC Benefit you will need to link it to a Compass Card by doing the following:
- Visit https://upassbc.translink.ca
- Select UBC as your Post-Secondary Institution
- Enter your affiliate CWL login and password when redirected to UBC
- Request your U-Pass BC benefit for September (and subsequently for each month)*Allow up to 24 hours for activation
How to load your U-Pass
- Sign into www.upassbc.translink.ca
- Link your Compass card: enter the 20 digit number & the 3 digit CVN on the back of the Compass Card.
- Request your U-PASS BC: once your card is linked, you can request your U-PASS BC.The system will confirm your eligibility and then LOAD your pass.
Always request your next month’s benefit in advance
It can take up to 24 hours to activate your U-Pass BC onto your Compass Card
You will NOT be eligible to ride transit until this request is processed
Your U-PASS BC is NON TRANSFERABLE
You must always carry ID with you when travelling
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org