Foundations of the Catholic Faith: Theology for Ministry
Are you currently involved in or discerning a call to ministry in a parish, school or pastoral office?
Foundations of the Catholic Faith at St. Mark’s College will deepen your understanding and appreciation for the Catholic tradition.
Reflect on and respond to your baptismal calling to serve the Kingdom of God in the Church and in the world in a welcoming learning environment.
This week-long course gives students an opportunity to reflect individually and collectively on their ministerial practice and is designed to help them refine their identities as disciples and ministers. Students will be introduced to several methods of theological reflection and discernment. The week will culminate with a full-day retreat that focuses on spirituality and integration.
The knowledge and skills developed over the course of the week will not only benefit you, but also the communities you serve.
July 20-24, 2020 Time
: 9 am – noon; 1 pm – 4 pm Location:
St. Mark’s College at UBCInstructors:
Dr. Nick Olkovich, Father Nick Meisl, Deacon Hilmar Pabel
Early bird registration (on or before March 15, 2020): $450
Regular registration: (On or after March 16, 2020): $500
Registration closes June 30, 2020
If you interested in attending only the retreat portion on Friday, July 24, 2020, please contact Dr. Lynda Robitaille for details.
1. To cultivate one’s personal relationship with Jesus Christ;
2. To develop a basic understanding of and deepening appreciation for the core elements of the Catholic tradition;
3. To reflect, both individually and collectively, on the relationship between course content, Christian living and ministerial practice;
4. To understand and articulate one’s identity as a disciple and minister called to serve the Kingdom of God in Church and world;
5. To develop further one’s personal spirituality and to cultivate skills for theological reflection, prayer and discernment essential to effective ministry in the 21st century;
6. To develop an appreciation for life-long learning and spiritual growth.launchDownload the flyer
Please contact Dr. Lynda Robitaille at St. Mark’s College for information
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 604-822-4463 Ext. 129